As you read through these verses think back to
what you know about Isaac and Ishmael.
1. What is the allegory in these verses? What is contrasted
in this allegory?
2. What two covenants are being compared?
3. What do we learn about the births in this allegory?
4. How was Isaac born? Compare this to Galatians 3:17-18.
What did you see about the promise?
5. Think back on the last two lessons. Who are we descendents
of and with whom are we joint heirs?
6. Read Galatians 4:28, 31; 3:16,19,29. To whom was the promise
given? With whom does He share it?
7. In Galatians 3:13-14 what does Jesus do and what do we
receive as a result?
8. Read Jeremiah 31:21-33, Ezekiel 36:26-27. In Jeremiah
what was promised? In Ezekiel what was promised?
9. Read II Corinthians 1:20-22, Ephesians 1:13-14,
Hebrews 7:22; 8:6-13. Which covenant is better and why?
WHICH COVENANT IS YOUR POSITION IN? WHICH
COVENANT ARE YOU TRYING TO LIVE UNDER?