Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Keys to an Effective Preaching Ministry

1. Be diligent in preparation and accuracy.

II Timothy 2:15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.

I Timothy 4:14-15a Do not neglect the spiritual gift within you, which was bestowed on you through the prophetic utterance with the laying on of hands by the presbytery.  Take pains with these things; be absorbed in them....

2. Be godly and growing yourself.

I Timothy 4:15b-16...so that your progress will be evident to all.  Pay close attention to yourself and to your teaching; persevere in these things, for as you do this you will ensure salvation both for yourself and those who hear you.

II Timothy 2:16-26...vs 21 Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from these things, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work.

3. Be dependent on the Holy Spirit.

Zechariah 4:6..."Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit," says the Lord of hosts.

II Corinthians 2:16b-4:6 And who is adequate for these things? For we are not like many, peddling the word of God, but as from sincerity, but as from God, we speak in Christ in the sight of God.....Such confidence we have through Christ toward God.  Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God, who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

4. Be faithful to God by fulfilling your calling.

I Timothy 4:14-16 Do not neglect the spiritual gift within you....persevere in these things....

II Timothy 3:1-2 I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom:  preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction.

I Corinthians 4:1-2 Let a man regard us in this manner, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God.  In this case, moreover, it is required of stewards that one be found trustworthy.

I Timothy 1:12-14 I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service....and the grace of our Lord was more than abundant, with the faith and love which are in Christ Jesus.

II Timothy 4:7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith.

Brothers and fellow pastors, may this be our heart and our life; and may the benediction of our life be:
I Timothy 1:17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.  And may our lives and ministries bring Him, our King, honor and glory forever and ever!

No comments: