Monday, September 26, 2011

Preaching Consecutively and Expositionally

My first exposure to Bible teaching after I became a Christian was through our Sunday School teacher who taught through the Bible, book by book and verse by verse; even though the pastor preached topically.  My greatest anticipation each Sunday was not the service, but the Sunday School class, because I knew I would hear from God through His word.

This experience, and listening to other expository preachers and comparing their sermons against the topical kind, led me to my personal conviction about following a consecutive exposition format in my own preaching and teaching.  Yes, I occasionally preach a topical message or even a topical series, but the overwhelming majority of the time I preach expositionally.  Attached below is a link to a post on why to preach consecutive expositions, and the author explains each point well.

http://thegoodbookblog.com/2011/sep/07/7-reasons-in-support-of-consecutive-exposition-of-/

No comments: