Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Humble Man

Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit,
but with humility of mind regard one another
as more important than yourselves.
Philippians 2:3

Sitting down, He called the twelve and said to them,
"If anyone wants to be first, he shall be last of all
and servant of all."
Mark 9:35

The Job answered the Lord, and said,
"I know that You can do all things,
And that no purpose of Your can be thwarted.
Who is this that hides counsel without knowledge?
Therefore I have declared that which I did not understand,
Things too wonderful for me, which I did not know.
Hear, now, and I will speak; I will ask You, and You instruct me.
I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear; But now my
eyes see You; Therefore I retract, and I repent in dust and ashes."
Job 42:1-6

O Lord, my heart is not proud, nor my eyes haughty;
Nor do I involve myself in great matters,
Or in things too difficult for me.
Surely I have composed and quieted my soul;
Like a weaned child rests against His mother,
My soul is like a weaned child within me.
Psalm 131:1-2

The humble man knows his place before God and before men.

No comments: