Monday, August 05, 2013

Trusting in the Word of God = Trusting in the God of the Word

For as the rain and the snow come down
from heaven, and do not return there without
watering the earth and making it bear and
sprout, and furnishing seed to the sower 
and bread to the eater; so will My word be 
which goes forth out of my mouth; it will
not return to me empty, without accomplishing
what I desire, and without succeeding in the 
matter for which I sent it.
Isaiah 5:10-11

And why is this so?

Then the Lord said to me, "You have
seen well, for I am watching over My
word to perform it.
Jeremiah 1:12

I will bow down toward Your holy
temple and give thanks to Your name
for You have magnified Your word
according to all Your name.
Psalm 138:2

For us to not trust in the word of God,
is for us to not trust in God Himself.

And for preachers that is a fatal flaw.

No comments: