...God is opposed to the proud,
but gives grace to the humble.
For though the Lord is exalted,
yet He regards the lowly, but
the haughty He knows from afar.
James 4:6, Psalm 138:6
Here are ten things the Bible teaches us about pride and humility.
1. Pride ultimately exalts itself over God, and humility ultimately makes itself low before God.
2. Pride pushes God away, while humility draws near to God.
3. Pride depends on itself, while humility depends on God.
4. Pride boasts on itself, while humility boasts on God.
5. Pride credits itself, while humility credits God.
6. Pride follows its own path, while humility follows God's path.
7. Pride is self-seeking, while humility is God-seeking.
8. Pride always leads to disobedience, while humility always leads to obedience.
9. Pride is the opposite of godliness, while humility promotes godliness.
10. The proud will be destroyed from the earth, while the humble will inherit the earth.