Monday, May 02, 2011

Rejoicing in Gladness

I am glad, and my heart is warmed, by the fact that God, our God, is gracious and compassionate and abounding in lovingkindness and truth, that He takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked, that He cries out,"Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of earth."  I am grateful that He has shown all the world His eternal attributes and Divine nature through what has been created.  I am thankful for the power in the gospel to save all who believe it.  I am overwhelmed by the richness of His mercy, the depth of His compassion, and the lavishness of His love for those who are hostile to Him and are His enemies.  I am in awe of His kindness, which even extends to evil and ungrateful men.  Yes, I will rejoice for He has made me glad; and I am glad that He has included me in His eternal plan of redemption.

No comments: