Thursday, September 17, 2020

A Prayer for a Generous Heart

           Watch over your heart with all diligence,
          For from it flow the springs of life.
                                   Proverbs 4:23                                 

Lord, move in my heart so that I will be a faithful and trustworthy steward with all You have given me (I Corinthians 4:2); and with the confidence that no matter my circumstances You will always make Your grace abound towards me, so that I will have an abundance for every good deed (II Corinthians 9:8). Grant to me a life that is free from the love of money (I Timothy 6:9-10), but instead a life that is content with what it receives from Your hand (Philippians 4:11-13, I Timothy 6:6-8).  

Father, protect me from a greedy and hoarding heart, but instead give me a heart that is rich toward you, knowing that my life is about more than my possessions (Luke 12:16-21). Cause me to always acknowledge that it is you that has given me the power to make wealth and not myself (Deuteronomy 8:17-18). It is You that has commanded the blessing (Deuteronomy 28:8), and all things are from Your hand (I Chronicles 29:12-14).

Set me free from covetousness, and may all my prayers be prayers guided by right motives (James 4:3).

Guard my heart, O Lord, guard my heart.




No comments: